Have anyone of you had MRI before? Guess I'm probably one of the first among my peers. Never mind why should I need it, I was sent to an MRI in a hospital in lower Manhattan on Monday.
MRI, also known as Magnetic Resonance Imaging. My impression on it was anything but an X-ray, no big deal. But those who knew I would be going for an MRI (like my boss) seemed very concern why should I need one, that made me wonder. By the time I got there at 1PM Monday afternoon the nurse gave me a form to fill with questions like do I have Claustrophobia (huh??? Big term. When I tried to make sure the meaning of this word with the nurse, she said, "Errr... that means the MRI you know?" I tried to push it further, "Is it a phobia caused by an enclosed place?" "Yes, yes." she quickly answered. Then I knew she's someone new), allergy, heart problem, pregnant... And a choice to back off if I want to, HUH??? My spine started chilling.
The following even make me more terrified. Look at this,

MRI, also known as Magnetic Resonance Imaging. My impression on it was anything but an X-ray, no big deal. But those who knew I would be going for an MRI (like my boss) seemed very concern why should I need one, that made me wonder. By the time I got there at 1PM Monday afternoon the nurse gave me a form to fill with questions like do I have Claustrophobia (huh??? Big term. When I tried to make sure the meaning of this word with the nurse, she said, "Errr... that means the MRI you know?" I tried to push it further, "Is it a phobia caused by an enclosed place?" "Yes, yes." she quickly answered. Then I knew she's someone new), allergy, heart problem, pregnant... And a choice to back off if I want to, HUH??? My spine started chilling.The following even make me more terrified. Look at this,

Is it too late to say NO now???
Yes indeed, there's no turning back. In fact that needle was stuck in my hand for 3 long hours, killing me.
For the price of one, I actually had 3 MRI scan. Good deal? lol. It was hilarious, because the radiologist didn't cover my foot well the 1st time, so take two. When the 2nd time was almost done, he came in and apologized to me again saying that we have to give way to an emergency case that needed immediate use of the scanner. Okay~~ well the guy was on oxygen so I supposed he needed more medical attention than I did, so there I went, seated at the lobby again. When I finally got out from the hospital, it was already 6PM. 5 hours for an MRI, nice.
Footnote : Well, didn't mean to frighten anyone of you. Not all going for MRI needed a jab like mine, it was the last resort for my doctor to inject a contrast for the scan just in case a normal MRI couldn't diagnose my problem.
2 comments:
never heard of MRI, what is that for?
An MRI is a special radiology technique, like X-ray designed to image internal structures of the body using magnetism, radio waves, and a computer to produce the images of body structures. You are placed on a moveable bed and when the scanner started operation, the bed is moved into an enclosed magnetic device.
It gives more medical details than an X-ray.
Post a Comment