** 1st Day of Christmas ** - My little miracle for ChristmasRichard & I have been busy with the church choir these days as we were preparing carols for Christmas. After 2 months of intense practices, then comes Christmas eve. And
that very morning to my dismay I found myself having a severe sore throat. Oh my God, what happen if I am going to lose my voice tonight, how's my soprano teamates going to do without me? (lol. Well actually they are going to be fine) I took some medication and just leave all others to the Lord.
My condition worsen when the night approached, coughing became more regular and I could't reach the highest and the lowest note of some songs. But miraculously when I sang to the tune of the Christmas carols at the midnight mass, my voice started regaining its power. Then I know God is so good that He doesn't want to put my hard work into vain. So in the end I not only managed to pull through the midnight mass, but continued to lead singing for two more masses on Christmas Day! It's totally unbelievable as I know how bad was my condition before. To be honest I was thinking of quitting the choir before this, it is really tiring sometimes to keep up with the commitment. The walking to church on cold winter nights, the early Sunday wake-ups, the expectation, the people, the many many reasons... now He puts me into contemplation of my calling again, my talent for singing is the best gift from God, so who am I to deny and bury it?
On the 1st day of Christmas my true love gave to me : Baby Jesus - that we may have joy, hope and love.
** 2nd Day of Christmas ** - Shop till we drop
Mom, Belle & I started our shopping spree on Boxing Day as early as 7AM! Mom had a big catch at JC Penney, and the vest I got from Aero is a real deal.
My harvest of the day - Aero vest for $17.95 (75% off original price), holiday tee for $2.99 each and a cardigan for $6.49 at Old Navy. Ho Ho Ho.On the 2nd day of Christmas my true love gave to me : A healthy body - that I am still strong enough to walk continuously for 12 hours!!
** 3rd Day of Christmas ** - The Feast
BIG time for food was saved till Saturday. Richard was chef of the night. The food was so good that I couldn't care less about my coughing anymore, curry chicken here I come.




Besides savoring the best food prepared by Mr. Lee, Anna & Hsiao Lee, we actually spent some quality time at Keiko's place, of which we know papa Steven would love to see us have.

On the 3rd day of Christmas my true love gave to me : Friendship - true friends love you like a family.
** 4th Day of Christmas ** - Roller Coaster Weather
If someone says your mood is like New York's weather, that means it's like a roller coaster - going up and down unpredictably. It was as low as 13F (-11C) days ago but this week is unseasonably mild. Today goes up to 65F (18C)! No wonder all four women at home are feeling under the weather.
On the 4th day of Christmas my true love gave to me : Companionship - Richard & I had the luxury of becoming a couch potato and enjoying each other's company today.
** 5th Day of Christmas ** - Back To Work
Business is bad and it's affecting everyone. It is obvious because our office used to receive a lot of gifts from suppliers for the past Christmases. This year the quantity cut down drastically, even on greeting cards.
My bulletin board used to be overcrowded with at least 30 greeting cards, now barely carrying a dozen.
On the 5th day of Christmas my true love gave to me : Ability to work - that we still have a job, despite that millions had already lost theirs.
** 6th Day of Christmas ** - Lights display in an Italian neighborhood
It is a common scene if you walk around an Italian neighborhood that you will find nice Christmas display on their yard. There is a place in Brooklyn where people will just drive by to watch the decor put up by different houses, some call it a 'Christmas Village' of its own.
On the 6th day of Christmas my true love gave to me : The sense of appreciation - to this country we choose to live.
** 7th Day of Christmas ** - A year to be thankful forThough there were much tears in 2008, God has given us more laughters in return.
As the clock ticks to 2009, there is only one to thank - God, for the 2009 or more blessings in our lives.
Happy New Year to all.
** 8th Day of Christmas ** - New Year Resolution
As an adult of 30++ now, my body weight has been like New York's weather (now you should know what it means)! Weight loss has come to my concern (again) not too much of wanting to look good (though it's a bonus), but to stay healthy. Weight is always easy to gain, not lose for my case. Due to the small frame I am carrying, putting on 5 lbs would look like adding on 10, so I always look heavier than I weigh.
The good thing is I have found a way to lose weight fast, but it's a bad thing too because I'll just eat whatever I like coz I know there's a way to rid those flabby deposits around my waist. Weight management is a life-long challenge, that's what I'm constantly reminding myself and my mom. Once it gets out of your hand, you pay a big price (not money but sacrifices) to get it back.
Will embark on my miracle diet again after CNY, let me indulge in mom's cooking for 2 more weeks and I promise to be a disciplined person again. lol.
On the 8th day of Christmas my true love gave to me : Health Alarm - that I must do my part to stay healthy.
** 9th Day of Christmas ** - A blessed skill
I was digging hole for myself when I chose to write a blog for '12 days of Christmas', that means I have to find something to write continuously for 12 days!
Well it's not difficult to find 12 blessings as everyday is a blessing from God, I just have to put myself to a closer look on the little things that's happening to me these 12 days and find the extraordinary from the ordinary. Today is just like any other day - work, home, eat and sleep except I am cooking today. Yes, cooking. Remember I didn't even know how to fry vegetables before I got married? (what a shame) Today I have few signature dish that even my parents will appreciate. There is nothing to boast about because those are only very simple meals, but people who knows me would know it's really an accomplishment to someone like me. TGIF (Thank God It's Frying)
On the 9th day of Christmas my true love gave to me : Cooking Skill - something at least not to put my husband to shame.
** 10th Day of Christmas ** - The struggles of conquering death
This is the saddest Christmas and birthday to our Godma as these were the many firsts since her significant half passed away. Zoe said she'd tried her best to make 'po po' happy but she's still crying everyday, papa Steven please tell us what to do to help her.
On the 10th day of Christmas my true love gave to me : An unaccomplished mission - that God wants us to be a pillar to this deeply wounded child of His.
** 11th Day of Christmas ** - Being Dad & Mom for a day
The two youngest member of the Tai family are in town for the weekend and because everyone in the family are busy, we had the chance to babysit them for a day.
My discovery of the day - I don't know the way to take care of a little boy. Oh yeah. Most of our Godchildren are girls and Mason is the first boy I ever h
ad a chance to care for at such a young age. Well I brought him to pee today and it slipped my mind that he's a boy and I just sit him on the toilet seat. (Yeah, you should know what's wrong with that) His undie ended all wet because of that. I quickly put him down and undressed him, asked if he's finished and he was speechless. To make sure he's done with his business, I let him stand on the toilet seat this time and without much ado his pee just came out uncontrollably and messed up even more...
I nearly lost my voice because of laughing too hard.


On the 11th day of Christmas my true love gave to me : Beautiful godchildren, and the joy of caring them.
** 12th Day of Christmas ** - A heartache
Dad is diagnosed with some serious illness. I won't elaborate for now because he needs to get 2nd opinion from a specialist when he gets back to KK. I want to cling on to the little faith that I have and believe that God has a plan for our family.
It has been devastating but I'm hiding that feelings from dad and mom, trying my best to cheer them up whenever possible. For those of you who pray, please do not forget them in your next chat with God.
On the 12th day of Christmas my true love gave to me : Trials, that I may learn to depend on Him more.
4 comments:
Looks like you made a 'kill' while shopping on Boxing day. :) The curry chicken looked delish!
A 'kill' was exactly the word I intended when I wrote my blog initially, but thought it was a bit exagerated to my Malaysian readers (you know after conversion they would think a RM65 vest is NOT a kill). Hahahaha.
If we should meet one day, curry chicken will be my treat. How's that?
I miss the Christmas Carols that we had those years,well..
Have already planned to let my girls join the church choir next time, with God's blessing.
My dear Agnes,
You have a different calling now, parenthood! Well, you will be even happier when you see them sing. Trust me.
Post a Comment