- Friends of my age talk about kids raising, something I have little to talk about coz I don't have one of my own; (I enjoy reading them though - you know kids, they are adorable. People like me would admire even strangers' kids on subways, so sharing other's joy of caring them is never a nuisance to me.)
- Most of them blog about cooking/baking. Well, not my specialty too. Perhaps I'm not one of those 'perfect mom/wife' type, a person who only started cooking 2 years into marriage, you can imagine how good I can be. Part to blame is my secondary school (Tshung Tsin), we did not have a home science class compulsary to everyone (the school only had an ECCA club for Home Science and attendance is by voluntary, who would care to cook at that age?) Besides, mom assumed the job since we were born. My cooking skills were actually picked up from my in-laws as they were very good cook, later became much polished after we moved to the States. At least now I'm not afraid to cook for a party of 10-15, though I must admit as a late comer too, Richard and my sister Genevieve are both better chef than I am.
So what's my interest and passion since I am not a typical mom/wife? Emmmmm... I would say travel and movie-going. Well, with the many commitments that Richard & I had for the family, I won't be able to pursue my passion of travelling for now, as often as Mr. Wong of Kinabalu Home. His adventures allow me to reminiscence the faces of our native locals, the exotic cuisine of North Borneo (oh pls tell him not to show me pictures of soto ayam and 'yu cha kui kahwin', I'll die), and the beauty of our sweet hometown... He makes me home-sick again.
I picked up the movie-going habit from mom & dad since I was very little. They brought me and my eldest sister hopping from one cinema to another, sweeping the 7PM and 9PM shows most weekend nights. I can still recall dad had to carry me on his shoulder from the car to my bed coz every time I fell asleep on our way home. Now we do the same in U.S. The Americans are movie freak like my mom (now I know dad is only accompanying mom), so hitting the theater has become one of our weekend habit again. We still hop from one theater to another, the difference is we need not drive a long way to do so as they are all under the same roof. Guess who's the one dozing off during the movie now?
Dad.
4 comments:
Hi Dear, talking about traveling and going to cinema, I hardly got the chance to do that as the 2 girls are still very small, going traveling would be like moving house, so many things to bring along,very tiring when come to think of it, better stay at home to get some rest. I only been to movie last month after about 6 years break, they were scared of darkness and the loud speaker, that's why! BTW, Mr Wong of Kinabalu Home is my brother in Law, They love to travel. We will be going to Kundasang with them on Xmas.
You must be talking about the Celyn Resort that he 'screened through' before inviting you to go. It must be fun talking to him, he knows a whole lot of food and culture of Sabah.
I love to travel but since our little one was born, that went out the door....hehe.
You're like my hubby. Before we had kids, he would talk to or try to talk every kid everywhere.
HI,
Blessed are those who are called to parenthood, just like you.
Post a Comment