Monday, January 26, 2009

Welcoming the year of OX


Chinese New Year in New York is nothing but parades and lion dancing in Chinatown. Restaurants and supermarkets are opened as usual, not to mention post offices, banks and other govt offices (of course they are not closed for CNY!). So actually CNY is the best day to run errands, or do something that you need a day off to accomplish. I went to my dentist last CNY, but was being bombarded by the 'old folks' one of them Mr. Lee. It makes me think twice when I make plans this year for this not so popular day in the States.


So we ended hanging out in Chinatown, enjoyed some Malay food before going back to Keiko's place for more FOOD.


5 comments:

HI said...

Gong Xi Fa Cai! Did you take a day off for CNY?

That's a great photo of the 2 of you. Love the chinese outfit on Richard. :)

Susan and Richard said...

My boss is a HongKi so I actually get TWO days off from work! hehe.

Richard's 'tang-zhuang' may look nice, but it's nothing compared to your little girl's. I'm totally captivated by her cover-girl look.

TwinsFish Girl said...

Hi ...
Happy Chinese New Year to you my brother & sister ;)
Hope this Golden Ox will bring you both greatest Joy & happiness & Health!

I guess u might wondering there who am i actually here.

let u guess for while then i'll tell you who is this "Twinfish_Girl".

Love ya!

Agnes CF Lee said...

Hi my dear, Gong Xi fa Chai. Just had the chance to update my blogs. Will be going back to work on monday after taking 3 days leave, expected to be busy at work. We have been busy searching for a place to move as we finally realised we need a space of our own. :U

Susan and Richard said...

TwinFish Girl - You are Cecilia Lee, Harold's wife. Don't ask me how do I get it, you shouldn't doubt my wisdom.

Agnes C - Wow, looking for your own place? A big move. How's the price for houses now? I'm looking to get rid of my 3-room apartment too. Any clue?