Kids today are so much different from our time. They are smart, slick, and have comparatively more exposure, self-esteem than our generation. They know a lot of things from internet, tv, movies, dvds, iphone... and I notice kids here in the United States are so confident in themselves, they know what they are doing, and dare to dream dreams because they simply believe it will come true one day.
Like the 2 little Ts, Zoe & Agnes, at the age of six, could come up with something that make your jaw drops. Recently, they started to form judgment on what they see and what they feel. Last week I chose some summer dresses and tops for Zoe while shopping at AC, as she put them on in the fitting room, she exclaimed,"Kai Ma (Godma), you rea~~lly have fashion sense." Fashion sense? Wow! Where did she learn that word from? Though amazed I thought that was very sweet of her at least I know she likes my choice. Then her mom called me yesterday and told me of an exchange they had last weekend. "You know what Zoe told me when she put on the new dress you bought for her and I didn't even notice? She said, 'Mom, you really don't have sense for fashion'!!! How could a six-year-old tell me that???" I just couldn't stop laughing, not for the mother's "sense of fashion", but for her daughter's "sense of humor".
And they like to copy adult's expression, "Oh my God", "Never", "Tell me. Why..." Asking 'big words' like kidnap, Taylor Swift, postponed, available, revenge (what? revenge?)... I had to question them where did they encounter those words, and be very careful in the terms I used to explain them. It's not easy to keep up with kids today honestly. Sometimes we ourselves have to explore more of the latest news, politics, celeb gossips(no kidding), movies, internet blah blah blah just to make sure we know what they are asking about.
Sometimes you wish they'll just be like kids.
Like the 2 little Ts, Zoe & Agnes, at the age of six, could come up with something that make your jaw drops. Recently, they started to form judgment on what they see and what they feel. Last week I chose some summer dresses and tops for Zoe while shopping at AC, as she put them on in the fitting room, she exclaimed,"Kai Ma (Godma), you rea~~lly have fashion sense." Fashion sense? Wow! Where did she learn that word from? Though amazed I thought that was very sweet of her at least I know she likes my choice. Then her mom called me yesterday and told me of an exchange they had last weekend. "You know what Zoe told me when she put on the new dress you bought for her and I didn't even notice? She said, 'Mom, you really don't have sense for fashion'!!! How could a six-year-old tell me that???" I just couldn't stop laughing, not for the mother's "sense of fashion", but for her daughter's "sense of humor".
And they like to copy adult's expression, "Oh my God", "Never", "Tell me. Why..." Asking 'big words' like kidnap, Taylor Swift, postponed, available, revenge (what? revenge?)... I had to question them where did they encounter those words, and be very careful in the terms I used to explain them. It's not easy to keep up with kids today honestly. Sometimes we ourselves have to explore more of the latest news, politics, celeb gossips(no kidding), movies, internet blah blah blah just to make sure we know what they are asking about.
Sometimes you wish they'll just be like kids.
1 comment:
Well, never underestimate kids' mind, they are full a lot of curiosities in everything too..that's how they learn and grow..we have to make sure we are there to give them proper guidance.
Post a Comment