Sunday, November 29, 2009

Midnight Madness on Black Friday

Have you ever stay up all night just for shopping? This year Richard joined me in my ritual after Thanksgiving, taking on a shopping spree on BLACK FRIDAY! Black Friday is the Friday following Thanksgiving, which is the beginning of the traditional Christmas shopping. Business and shopping malls are opened as early as 12AM so the shoppers will flock into their favorite store to grab an incredible (sometimes) deal for great gifts. This is my first (and shall be the last) overnight shopping experience.



We got there (one of the shopping outlets) at 9PM (3 hours before the stores open) Thursday night in order to secure an early bird space. Sound silly? Not until you see the crowd...



This was the line in front of COACH 3 hours before its opening, and UGG's was even longer.



My hands were full 4 hours after midnight. I got a big catch in J. Crew, Esprit and CK. Old Navy, offering a $5 deal for most kids items and without hesitation, I swept 2 yoga pants (I wear XL in kids size) and 10 others (including fleece top and hoodies) for Zoe.

Our last stop, SONY store - only opened at 6AM. A friend of ours already secured a #4 space when we arrived at 9 (No kidding, it's a total wait of 9 hours in order to get the doorbuster deals). The rest of us continued to wait outside in the cold with him from 4AM (by the time we finished shopping on other brands) till its opening hour for a $569 40" LCD TV, $49 camera and $379 VAIO laptop.




And I forget to tell you, Black Friday is not an official holiday and all of us had to head straight back to work after all this madness. Call this insane? You can tell why I can't do this again.

2 comments:

Agnes CF Lee said...

Take leave on Black Friday next year so that you can shop right thru. It would be fun to shop for stuff at very good bargain.

Susan and Richard said...

That's what I am thinking... hahaha.